Risk Evaluation & Loss Mitigation
Mining activity impacts the surrounding environment years after extraction efforts are over. Issues may include ground surface subsidence, acid mine drainage, slope instability, unsafe highwalls and coal refuse piles.
NewBridge Services has been providing risk evaluations and loss mitigation for over 13 years. We research and assess the extent and scope of documented mines and coal seams.
Our professionals will inspect a project site or corridor reviewing mining impacts such as subsidence features, mine shafts, unnatural terrain, landslides and discolored streams.
When called for, we will conduct a subsurface investigation including soil borings, rock coring, test pits. Direct observation methods may be supplemented with geophysical exploration when the conditions appear to be favorable.
NewBridge Loss Control and Mitigation Services
Pre- Issuance Physical Risk Evaluation
- Inspection of sites and evaluation of operations
- Calculation of the Risk on Ground
- Recommendations for management of bond limits
Ongoing Risk Monitoring
- Periodic inspection and tracking of risk on ground
- Emphasis on timely release applications
- Recommendations to avoid regulatory criticism
- Evaluation of bond default loss potential
- Consideration of alternatives to default
- Reclamation from collateral
- Reclamation by Surety
- Reclamation by successor to permit
Discover the NewBridge Advantage
The secret sauce...